Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 26, 2017

A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001)

Director: Steven Spielberg
Stars: Haley Joel Osment, Jude Law, Frances O'Connor 

Monica: David, listen. Now... you won't understand the reasons, but... I have - I have to leave you here.
David: Is it a game?
Monica: No.
David: When will you come back for me?
Monica: I'm not, David. You'll have to be here by yourself.
David: Alone?
Monica: [Monica's voice breaks with tears in her eyes] With Teddy.
David: [David begins to uncontrollably cry] No. No, no, no, no, no, no! No, Mommy, please! No, no! Please, Mommy, no!
Monica: Shh. Shh. Shh. They will destroy you, David. Please, David.
David: No! No, Mommy! I'm sorry I broke myself. I'm so sorry I cut your hair off... And I'm sorry I hurt you and I hurt Martin.
Monica: [Monica starts screaming as she begins to cry, holding David away from holding her] I have to go! I have to go! Stop it! Stop it! I have to go now.
David: [Monica stands up as David continues to try and hold her] Mommy, no! Mommy! Mommy, if Pinocchio became a real... and I become a real boy, can I come home?
Monica: That's just a story.
David: But a story tells what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment